Since 1969, we have been operating residential and community-based programs throughout MA. We offer an exciting and rewarding work environment with excellent supervision and training. Applicants who bring the strength of diversity are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE.
We have an immediate opening for a Fee for Service/Per Diem Adoption Social Worker in the western part of Massachusetts. You may be asked to travel to Central Massachusetts also.
Bright Futures Adoption Center, a program of the Robert F. Kennedy Children’s Action Corps, has two programs, a private, domestic Infant Adoption Program and a public DCF adoption program called the Adoption and Permanency Program. Bright Futures works with children and families of all races and has a special focus on working with children and families of color. In addition to welcoming all kinds of families to adoption, we believe in providing children with access to information about themselves at the time of placement and over the course of their lifetime.
- Work closely with the Program Director, Clinical Supervisor and other staff
- Perform single source child and family adoption assessments referred to Bright Futures Adoption Center by the Department of Children and Families (“DCF”).
- Perform family adoption assessments for pre-adoptive families developed by Bright Futures Adoption Center and seeking to adopt children available through DCF.
- Meeting with the child and the child’s then-current caretaker (foster family, pre-adoptive family, congregate care provider etc.), reviewing the child’s complete DCF file at the DCF Area Office that requested the assessment, collecting supporting documentation, interviewing collaterals, and writing a comprehensive child assessment report that summarizes the child’s placement and legal history, information about the child’s birth family, the child’s developmental, educational, psychological, behavioral strengths and needs, the child’s understanding of adoption, any possible placement resources/options for the child, and makes recommendations based on the information obtained during the assessment process.
- A family adoption assessment will include, but not be limited to, meeting with he pre-adoptive parents and others in their household, visiting the family’s home, collecting all supporting documentation, and writing the family assessment report in accordance with Massachusetts’ laws and regulations and all applicable DCF and Bright Futures’ policies.
- All child and family adoption assessments must be completed in a timely manner.
- A Masters Degree in Social Work and be an LCSW or LICSW. The Fee for Service/Per Diem Adoption Social Worker will maintain his/her professional license in good standing.
- Bi-Lingual is preferred
- Have at least two years of clinical experience with children and families, be culturally competent and have exposure to adoption and adoption-related issues, including loss, identity, intimacy/relationships, guilt, grief, rejection and control.
- Work will be assigned as available at a flat rate per assessment.
- Must have access to a car and travel as needed.