Since 1969, the Robert F. Kennedy Children’s Action Corps has been operating residential and community-based programs throughout MA. We offer an exciting and rewarding work environment with excellent supervision, training and benefits, including: medical, dental, 401K, up to 4 weeks vacation time, sick and personal time, short- and long-term disability and company-paid life insurance. Applicants who bring the strength of diversity are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE.
We are seeking an Elementary SPED Teacher to work with an ED/BD population in an approved SPED School using a collaborative team approach. Our school, located in Lancaster, Massachusetts, has small class sizes.
- Operate a classroom that meets the students’ needs for safety, educational growth and social/emotional development
- Evaluate students’ specific educational needs and develop educational plans and programs to meet those needs
- Participate in TEAM meetings, Treatment Team Meetings and Clinical Meetings that involve any of your students
- Follow and actively participate in the implementation of the Behavior Management System (including the possibility of physical management)
- Supervise and develop a team atmosphere with the teacher’s assistant assigned to your classroom
- Act as a positive adult role model with students and a positive team member with all RFK staff and outside collaterals
- Assume other responsibilities necessary to ensure program safety and continuity
Salary based on licensure and education.
- Applicants must have a valid driver’s license
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have Elementary - SPED Licensure (or have applied for certification through the Department of Education).
- Experience working in a 766 program is preferred.